Date of birth: 30/08/1981
From: Canada 🇨🇦
“I’ve trained a lot, I improved, I am confident,” the 162cm small powerhouse says about the upcoming season, “this is what I want to do; I am where I want me to be. I am grateful for this adventure. We will have the time of our life!”
Lysanne Richard injured her neck right before 2017’s season kick-off, causing her to miss out on the whole World Series. However, due to injury policy the 36-year-old’s permanent status remains untouched and the cliff diving community can hope for a successful comeback in 2018.
“The first things I look for at any pool are the springboards.” Well, obviously this habit is a friendly helper for her success. Out of her six podium finishes in 11 starts two went straight to the top
Coming almost out of nowhere, Richard took the challenges of propelling herself from the 21m-platform in acrobatic grace with a smile and was definitely a main challenger for the 2017 Women’s World Series title. As a graduate from the National Circus School of Montreal, the lively Canadian is more than capable of juggling her job as a character and acrobat at Cirque du Soleil, being a successful cliff diver and three-time mom – the craziest thing she’s ever ‘done.
Permanent Red Bull Cliff Diver
- 3rd place at the Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series 2018
- 1st place at the Red Bull Cliff Diving stop in Sisikon, Switzerland 2018
- 3th place at the Red Bull Cliff Diving stop in Acores, Portugal 2018
- 2nd place at the Red Bull Cliff Diving stop in Polignano a Mare, Italy 2018
- Silver Medal at the High Diving World Cup FINA in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Female personnality of the year in 2017 (Pongeon Quebec award)
- Athlete of the year in 2016 (FINA award)
Find her on: